Thursday, September 25, 2014

sweet things

Amongst Ivy's current 2 1/2 year old whining stage, yesterday she was full of sweet things.

We had to spend a week a part because I got very very sick with a nasty virus that kept me in bed for 6 days.  It was the longest we've ever been apart, of course.

Maybe she's making up for lost time.

So, yesterday in the morning, she crawled into my lap, and started to caress my face in this sweet cuddly way, making baby coo noises and said "you my friend".

Later that evening, as we were sitting on the floor playing play dough, she said "I like playing with you".

Then at bed time, in her routine to run out from the bedroom and give me a night night hug, she caressed my face again with a shy little smirk and said "you're so sweet."

There's nothing like hearing affirmation from your child.  xoxoxo

She has my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment